June 15th Reopening & New COVID-19 Procedures
We are reopening our offices on June 15th and we have new policies for both staff and patients in order to keep everyone safe
We hope that you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We would like to take the opportunity to welcome you back. We have the guidance from Governor Cuomo to open back up. As your dentist, we want to do so with a very careful approach and safety measures are our number one priority. In order to do that, we have taken some precautionary measures. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Please take the time to read this entire email as it describes what you will experience in our new normal.
New Office Procedures:
- For starters, we will not have a large amount of patients in the office at the same time in order to practice social distancing. Please keep in mind, appointments will be limited because of this. We will absolutely prioritize any dental emergency and do all we can to meet all of your dental needs.
- Prior to your visit, our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions and reserve your appointment time. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. You will be required to fill out a Covid-19 questionnaire, update your health history and a contactless credit card authorization form.
- As appointments will be blocked out for significant periods of time, they must be CONFIRMED via e-mail, text, or phone 48 hours prior to you appointment or we will have to automatically cancel your reserved time. A no-show fee will be applied if your appointment is missed and has not been cancelled within this time. This is so we can keep everyone safe and be aware of who is coming into the office to limit the amount of patients in our waiting room. Please be on time!
- Under these new environmental conditions, we have been “cleansing” the office in a strict CDC approved fashion. We have installed several high grade air purifiers stationed throughout the office, aerosol suction devices to evacuate any potentially contaminated aerosols during procedures, and UV air sterilizers to eradicate pathogens and sanitize air with ozone after closing every evening.
- PPE including N95 masks, gowns, face shields, and surgical bonnets will be worn by dentists and staff for protection to prevent cross contamination.
- Upon check in you will have your temperature checked via a non contact thermometer and we have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will then be verbally screened for potential symptoms of the COVID-19 virus before you enter the facility. Instructions for the process in it’s entirety will be relayed to you prior to your appointment day and time.
- Team members will be getting tested every 2 weeks. To date 3 have tested positive for antibodies. Staff temperatures will also be checked at the start of every day.
We are fully aware that many of our patients are not in NYC, please reach out to us to schedule an appointment to secure a time that works best when you anticipate coming back. Please call/text or visit our website below to schedule your appointment today. Appointments are filling up fast!
We are looking forward to getting back to what we do best, but as always, safety first. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. We’re excited to see you again!
Dr. Diana Levingart, Dr. Garry Levingart, Dr. Bela Levingart and team